19 Reasons why you should take the bus to Kimberley
There are few places more extraordinary in history than Kimberley and there are few ways better than taking a bus to this stunning destination. Don’t believe us? Well, here are a few reasons why you should consider taking a Greyhound bus to Kimberley.
- Where else are you going to see the Big Hole?
- You can indulge your inner artist at the William Humphreys Art Gallery
- You get to hang with the flamingos at Kamfers Dam
- Don’t forget to take a ride on the Vintage tram to add to the historical experience
- You can go on one of South Africa’s scariest ghost tours with a Haunted Corners and Ghost trail
- Seriously, we’re not kidding. The Honoured Dead Memorial is pretty spooky
- Explore ancient rock art at the Wildebeest Kuil Rock Art Centre
- Get up close and personal with Africa’s finest animals at the Mokala National Park
- Have a drink in South Africa’s 2nd oldest pub, The Star of the West which first opened in 1870
- Enrich your knowledge of history and culture at the McGregor Museum
- Find inner peace at the Cathedral Church of St Cyprian the Martyr
- You can even travel back in history to the site of the Battle of Magersfontein if you are so inclined
- See A LOT of Kimberley’s historical sites gathered on Belgravia
- Your stay isn’t complete without a visit to the Big Hole and Kimberley Mine Museum
- Go on a romantic date to the Hartswater Wine Cellar
- Live it up at the Skybar located at The Half
- Stroll through the humble yet iconic Sol Plaatje museum
- Go on a DaRiva Houseboat sunset cruise. It truly is a unique and utterly relaxing experience
- Obsessed with transport? Well, maybe if you’re just interested, you can visit the Transport Museum
Need more reasons to take a Greyhound bus to Kimberley? Here are a few interesting facts you may not of known about Kimberley.
Kimberley is home to 158 haunted houses and buildings and 200 more yet to be verified by paranormal experts
The Big Hole has yielded approximately 3 000 kilograms diamonds
Workers had to excavate 22 million tons of earth to have discovered so many diamonds
Kimberley is home to South Africa’s first Aviation School. Guests should pay a visit to the Aviation Museum
If you’re looking for an intimate, quiet and relaxing holiday then we can think of few places that beat Kimberley in that criteria. Why not see where we can take you and book your Greyhound bus ticket before you miss out on life’s greatest experiences?