4 things you need to know when travelling by bus during COVID-19
Our interprovincial bus services were halted due to the COVID-19 outbreak and we have really missed having you onboard! Life, as we know it, has changed and we have all had to make sacrifices, change and adapt to a “new normal”.
We are happy to announce that as of 9 July 2020 we will be opening select routes onboard your favourite coaches and can’t wait to welcome you back on board!
Before boarding, here are four things you need to know to make your trip as safe and hassle-free as possible.
Greyhound and Citiliner, the safest way when travelling by bus during COVID-19
Greyhound and Citiliner have been working tirelessly during this time to ensure that our coaches are in tip-top shape for you!
From fleet maintenance to deep cleaning and sanitisation, we have put in place world-class measures to keep you safe! After all, safety and service excellence is the Greyhound and Citiliner way!
Safety precautions and regulations when travelling by bus during COVID-19
Please help us keep you safe by following these precautions:
- All passengers required to wear masks in our terminals and for your entire journey – no exceptions.
- Maintain 1.5m distance in queues for purchasing tickets and boarding buses
- Do not sit in seats marked off in the bus. These are marked off to maintain social distancing onboard our coaches.
- You are required to bring your own sanitiser on board and will need to sanitise your hands before boarding.
- Your temperature will be taken before boarding and if your temperature is over 37,5 degrees you will not be allowed to board the bus and your ticket will be forfeited.
- The bathrooms onboard all our buses will be locked for safety and hygiene purposes. Please use your time at the refreshment stops to refresh and use the bathrooms.
- Travel forms are required in order to travel and can be downloaded on our website.
What documentation do you need when travelling by bus during COVID-19?
Under COVID-19 Level 3 the Government requires you to carry with you a proof of permission to travel. Only people needing to travel for purpose of work, school, change of residence and funerals are permitted to travel inter provincially under Level 3. In order to do so, you will need completed travel permits. But what COVID-19 travel forms do you need to travel interprovincially by bus?
All passengers are required to complete a mandatory Self-Evaluation Form- The Traveller Health questionnaire. Passengers have to complete and sign this document and hand it in at the terminals upon arrival or when boarding your bus. You will then need one of the below forms/ permits in order to travel. This must be kept on you at all times during your trip as the bus might get stopped along your journey and passengers will need to present this to the officers conducting the inspection. Any persons with counterfeited forms will be held responsible and handed over to the authorities. Greyhound and Citiliner will not be held accountable for passengers counterfeited forms.
Click on the corresponding link to get access to the travel permit you need when travelling by bus during COVID-19!
- Business Travel Permit Level 3 – Form 2 –Must be signed by Head of the Business
- Travel Permit Change of Residence Level 3 – Form 6- Must be sworn at a police station or magistrates court
- Student Travel Permit Level 3 – Form 3A- Must be signed and stamped by the head of school/ institution
- Children Travel Permit Level 3 – Form 3- Must be sworn at a magistrates court
- Funeral Affidavit Travel Permit Level 3 – Form 5- Must be sworn at a police station or magistrates court
- Funeral Travel Permit Level 3 – Form 4 –Must be sworn at a police station or magistrates court
Passengers will also have to complete a mandatory Traveller Health questionnaire to hand in to the driver or at the terminal on arrival for boarding.
Get those sanitised hands on some bus tickets!
Now that you are aware of all the regulations in place to keep you safe on board when travelling by bus during COVID-19, it is time to get your hands on some tickets.
- The easiest way to book your tickets is online via our website! Simply go to greyhound.co.za or www.citiliner.co.za scroll to book your bus tickets and follow the screen prompts
- Book via our Call Centre. Our Call Centre will be open from Thursday 9 July 2020, 6AM – 7PM daily. Our consultants are ready and waiting to take your call! Call 011 611 8000 or 0873520352
- Select terminals will be open to assist you with your bookings, please remember to wear your masks and maintain social distancing in the terminals. No mask, no entry, no exceptions. Click here for the routes operating and list of terminals open and their temporary operating hours.
- Book at one of our trusted ticket partners near you! Computicket, Checkers, Pick n Pay, Shoprite, Game, Makro, Builders.
Stay safe and travel well!