6 Reasons to travel with Greyhound this holiday season
The holiday season is here! It is finally time to let your hair down and relax! After a long trying year, it is time to reconnect with your family and friends. So, pack those bags, get your Greyhound bus ticket, and enjoy the festive season!
There are so many reasons to choose Greyhound this holiday season. We have outlined 6 key reasons:
Comfort on Greyhound
Your comfort and safety on Greyhound is our number 1 priority. For most, facing a long journey on the road is daunting, however, if you are travelling with Greyhound this holiday season, you can travel with peace of mind and ultimate comfort. Greyhound is the most luxurious way to travel by bus and that’s a fact!
Our Dreamliner redefined road travel with its 5-star comfort and specifications! The Greyhound Dreamliner has two classes, namely the Luxury seats (upstairs) and the spacious seats in Premium class (downstairs).
The Premium seats are the most spacious and luxurious seats on Greyhounds buses. These seats are memory foam seats and recline to 150° and have leg rests and extra legroom providing maximum comfort to any traveller. Furthermore, you will be able to adjust your own air conditioning, air vents and reading lights to make it just how you like it. Each seat also comes equipped with your own armrest, tray tables, and charging points*.
If you can’t manage to book in the Premium seats onboard our Dreamliner, don’t worry, our standard coaches also come fully equipped for comfort and safety. Relax and enjoy the journey in reclining Comfortline seats with seatbelts, individual air vents, reading lights, armrests, and tray tables.
Greyhound coaches have onboard bathroom facilities which we urge passengers to use only in case of an emergency. With the pandemic rife, please help us leave the bathrooms clean once you have used them.
Greyhound takes pride in the diversity and scope of our network of routes. Connecting you from big cities to all the small towns in between, we connect loved ones all over South Africa and beyond! To view a list of the routes we operate visit https://www.greyhound.co.za/route-map/.
If by chance your route is not available then we can’t recommend our Citiliner services enough! Citiliner is operated by your trusty Greyhound and like Greyhound, has wonderful routes at great prices! Check out Citiliner’s fantastic network of routes! https://www.citiliner.co.za/route-map/
Yes, the word on everyone’s lips this year has been COVID-19. With an increase on traffic on the roads over the holiday season as well as the increase of passengers, we urge you to follow our safety protocols to help keep you as safe as possible when travelling this festive season.
Read Greyhound and Citiliner COVID-19 safety precautions and regulations on South African interprovincial bus travel during a worldwide pandemic here https://www.greyhound.co.za/travelling-by-bus-during-covid-19/
Greyhound makes it easy and cost-effective for travellers wishing to travel home or on vacation over the holiday season and beyond with great bus travel discounts. Greyhound offers the following discounts:
- Children age 2-11 years get 15% off (children under 2 travel free!)
- Students get 10% discount when producing a student card
- Pensioner discount 15% if you are over 60 years young
- SANDF/SAPS/Firemen and Nurses 10% discount on bus tickets
- Capitec Cardholders 15% discount
- Discovery Vitality 20% discount
Choose your seat!
Did you know that when choosing to travel on Greyhound or Citiliner, you have the option of choosing your seat preference? Well, you can! How great is that? In order to choose your preferred seat, book at your nearest Greyhound office or via our call centre!
Booking made easy!
Getting your hands on your Greyhound bus tickets for the holiday season is very easy and convenient! Make sure to book your bus tickets in advance to guarantee your spot on your favourite coach!
- The easiest way to book your tickets is online via our website! Simply go to www.greyhound.co.za or www.citiliner.co.za scroll to book your bus tickets and follow the screen prompts
- Book via our Call Centre. Our Call Centre is open 24 hours a day. Our consultants are ready and waiting to take your call! Call 011 611 8000 or 0873520352
- Our terminals are open to assist you with your bookings, please remember to wear your masks and maintain social distancing in the terminals. No mask, no entry, no exceptions.
- Book at one of our trusted ticket partners near you! Computicket, Checkers, Pick n Pay, Shoprite, Game, Makro, Builders.
Have a happy holiday Greyhound family! Look forward to transporting you through to the new year!