Budget Holiday – Most affordable holiday destinations near Cape Town
If you ask us, we’d say this truly is the most wonderful time of the year. Planning your holiday… finishing things off at school and work… You honestly don’t need a fortune to have a nice holiday in South Africa. Allow us to show you the most affordable holiday destinations in South Africa.
KolKol Mountain Lodge, Bot River
Price: From R1 120* a night for 2 guests (mid-week) and R1 450* a night for two guests (weekends)
Arumvale Country Lodge, Swellendam
Price: Garden Cottage R800*, self-catering suites R900* and luxury suites R1 000* a night for two people sharing
Windtown South Africa, Langebaan
Price: B&B from R1200* a night for a double room
Kersefontein Guest Farm, Hopefield
Price: From R610* per person per night, with breakfast
Miskloof Farm, near Ceres
Price: From R1500* a night for up to six people (R200* a person thereafter)
Appelkooskop Cottage, Bredasdorp
Price: From R325* a person sharing
Price: Safari Tent R600* a night (sleeps two) and cottages from R850* a night (sleep 4)
Indigo Blue, Langebaan
Price: From R2 500* per unit (sleeps up to 8 people)
Thali-Thali Game Lodge, Langebaan
Price: Self-catering chalets from R520* per person sharing
Nerina Guest Farm, Robertson
Price: From R500* a night (two people sharing)
Budget holiday tips:
– Although we allow a maximum of 30 kgs of luggage before charge, we do advise that you pack carefully to avoid extra charges on your holiay.
– Pack your own food where ever and whenever possible. It’s healthier and much more affordable than relying on takeaways and restaurants.
– Don’t spend a lot of money on activities and staying busy during your holiday. A day at the beach is almost always free and always fun.
– When planning to go on holiday, do thorough research and find the most affordable accommodation options.
– If you’re planning on going on holiday with friends, have everyone chip in to pay for the trip.
– Travel with Greyhound. Travelling by bus is much more affordable and comfortable, especially when planning long distance trips. Use our user friendly booking form on www.greyhound.co.za to check fares and to book your tickets.
*Prices mentioned in this article is subject to change.