Harare, Zimbabwe: The EPIC list of 20 things you can do!
Zimbabwe can be quite a holiday gem if you simply know where to go. Lucky for you, we have all of the best things to do in Harare right here.
Have a look and let us know what you like to do when in Harare.
- Immerse yourself in wildlife conservation at Wild is Life Trust
- Go on a horse safari at Mukuvisi Woodlands
- Go some bird spotting at the Kuimbashiri Bird Sanctuary
- Take your camera out for a spin at the Lion and Cheetah Park and snap some pictures of the lions, Zebra, Nyala and more.
- Own a fishing rod? See if you can get the catch of the day at Lake Chivero Recreational Park
- Invite someone special and go on a walk through the gorgeous Harare Gardens
- In the mood to shop ‘til you drop? Then your trip isn’t complete without having visited the Doon Estate
- Experience elegance and sheer splendour at the Raintree Venue. Just invent an excuse to host an event at this beautiful venue.
- Yet another stunning garden outing, take your family to the National Botanic Gardens
- Indulge your cultured side and pay a visit to the National Gallery of Zimbabwe. See everything from carvings, masks, painted houses and more.
- Haven’t had your fill of art yet? Visit the Chapungu Sculpture Park, founded in the 70s.
- Pack walking shoes and visit the ‘Red Rock’ or, as it’s locally known, Domboshawa.
- Of course you can’t leave Harare without buying something special for your family and friends at the Avondale Flea Market.
- Shed yourself of your adrenaline rush and go skydiving at the Charles Prince Airport.
- The Chiremba/Epworth Balancing Rocks may be a watered down version of Domboshawa but it’s still worth a visit
- Experience art performed live at the Book Café which often hosts live performances of poets, comedians, singers and songwriters without censorship.
- Take in an Opera at the Reps Theatre located in Belgravia Shopping Centre
- Go on a guided-tour or bird watching at the Ewanrigg Botanical Gardens. If you’re interested, you can inspect the variety of aloes, cycads and succulents.
- Go Skiing on Lake Chivero. Not into skiing? Go boating or tubing, the perfect summer activity!
- Treat yourself to the ultimate pampering experience at Amanzi Health Spa
Things you should know when travelling to Harare
– The average summer temperature ranges between 17 degrees to 31 degrees
– The average winter temperature ranges between 7 degrees to 29 degrees
– Visitors require a visa to visit Zimbabwe which can be obtained at point of entry.
– Zimbabwe currently trades in the dollar
Of course, you know who to phone if you need a lift to Harare or back. Travel in style. Choose Greyhound.