Greyhound COVID-19 safety precautions
Greyhound COVID-19 safety precautions and regulations on South African interprovincial bus travel during a worldwide pandemic.
The COVID-19 pandemic has swept South Africa and the world and its effects have been devastating. Not being able to travel to visit our loved ones has taken its toll on many, and now with the relaxation on the regulations for South Africas interprovincial travel, it’s time to get moving again and to do so safely!
During the lockdown, Greyhound and Citiliner were hard at work getting your favourite buses in tip-top shape to welcome you all back on board safely! However, we need to remember that COVID-19 is still prevalent in our nation and your safety and health are important to us which is why we have implemented strict measures to ensure your journey with us is as safe as possible.
GREYHOUND COVID-19 SAFETY PRECAUTIONS AND REGULATIONS: INTERPROVINCIAL BUS TRAVEL DURING COVID-19
Greyhound and Citiliner have always implemented a strict deep cleaning process on our busses, however, with COVID-19 we are now taking it one step further. Our buses undergo a strict sanitation process at our depot before departing on their journey.
Greyhound Covid-19 Safety Precautions
Please help us keep you safe by following Greyhound Covid-19 safety precautions:
- All passengers required to wear masks both in our terminals and for the duration of your journey – no exceptions- it’s the law!
- Maintain 1.5m social distance in queues for purchasing tickets and boarding buses
- Interprovincial bus travel is permitted to operate at 70% capacity.
- Do not sit in seats marked off in the bus. These are marked off to aid social distancing onboard our coaches.
- You are required to bring your sanitiser on board and will need to sanitise your hands before boarding.
- Your temperature will be taken before boarding and if your temperature is over 37,5 degrees you will not be allowed to board the bus.
- Help keep our bathrooms onboard clean by following the same toilet etiquette you would use at home. Please clean up after yourselves to make your journey as well as your fellow passengers’ journeys a pleasant one.
ROUTES AND OFFICES OPERATING
You may have noticed that only a selection of our routes has been opened, don’t fear, we are continuously re-evaluating our operations and opening more routes. If you are battling to find your route onboard Greyhound, consider taking a look at routes being operated by Citiliner. Citiliner is an interprovincial bus travel operator operated by Greyhound which means you can expect the same incredible service, safety measures and standards that you have come to know and love onboard Greyhound.
Most of our offices have reopened and are operating on limited hours. When visiting our offices please remember to wear your masks and maintain social distancing. No mask, no entry, no exceptions.
GET THOSE SANITISED HANDS ON SOME BUS TICKETS!
Now that you are aware of Greyhound Covid-19 safety precautions and regulations in place to keep you safe on board when travelling by bus during COVID-19, it is time to get your hands on some tickets.
- The easiest way to book your tickets is online via our website! Simply go to www.greyhound.co.za or www.citiliner.co.za scroll to book your bus tickets and follow the screen prompts
- Book via our Call Centre. Our Call Centre is open daily from 6 AM – 8 PM. Our consultants are ready and waiting to take your call! Call 011 611 8000 or 0873520352
- Most of our terminals are open to assist you with your bookings, please remember to wear your masks and maintain social distancing in the terminals. No mask, no entry, no exceptions.
- Book at one of our trusted ticket partners near you! Computicket, Checkers, Pick n Pay, Shoprite, Game, Makro, Builders.
Now is the time to reconnect and reunite with your loved ones. So when choosing to travel, choose to travel safely with Greyhound and Citiliner.
For more information about the COVID-19 pandemic visit: https://sacoronavirus.co.za/