Ultimate list of Travel Tips for Solo Female Travellers
It’s time to celebrate the women in our lives and what better way to do so than to compile a list of travel tips for female travellers. All of these travel tips are aimed at making the holiday experience for ladies run so much smoother.
- When choosing accommodation, choose something small. The bigger the hotel, the bigger the opportunity for danger.
- Keeping tip no. 1 in mind, try to locate accommodation situated in a well-trafficked area.
- Keep your room number and private details, well, private.
- Try to book a room close to the elevator or stairs.
- Call housekeeping before hanging a “please make up this room” sign. You don’t want to draw attention to your holiday routine.
- Hide your valuables in a safe or in a safe location.
- Make sure you’re familiar with your surroundings before wandering off into the unknown.
- Keep a map of your location close by.
- Avoid wearing flashy jewellery.
- Research dangerous areas or ask your concierge for a few local tips.
- Divide your money for purchases so as not to flash a wad of cash about.
- If you need to ask for directions, approach families or women with children.
- If you’d like to add an extra measure of security, tell them you’re meeting your husband or brother at the location you are asking directions for.
- Be sure to lock all of your suitcases.
- Put your foot through the strap of your handbag when you’re in a restaurant.
- Always have the police on speed dial.
- Travel with a friend if possible, it’s safer and more fun that way.
- Determine the rough times when the sun rises and sets in your holiday location.
- If you’re looking for accommodation through Airbnb or Coach Surfing, only consider places with a lot of good reviews.
- Make sure someone at home is aware of your itinerary and try to stay in touch at least once a day. Try to check in at the same time every day.
- We know this may be difficult but try to pack as a light as possible, it’ll make travelling easier for you.
- Be sure to keep copies of your important documents with you at all times. Many women have lost their lives through a stolen handbag.
- Store extra cash in the bottom of a tampon or pad box.
- To contradict rule number 9, sometimes it helps to wear a fake wedding ring, especially when dining alone. Keeps from attracting unwanted attention from the opposite sex.
- Dress unobtrusively. Sometimes it’s worth hiding your killer legs to avoid unwanted attention. 😉
Now you have a lot of travel tips to ensure your next holiday goes down without a glitch. Greyhound takes care of its passengers and we do our best to create a stress-free journey for all who board our coaches. Pick a route, book your ticket and go somewhere special to celebrate this Mother’s Day.