Travelling by bus during COVID-19 – 4 things you need to know!
Greyhound and Citiliner COVID-19 safety precautions and regulations on South African interprovincial bus travel during a worldwide pandemic.
The COVID-19 pandemic has swept the world and its effects have been devastating. With the festive season approaching and travel being banned for a period during the lockdown, we expect the festive season to be a busy one.
It is important to reiterate that whilst restrictions have eased, the COVID-19 virus is still very real and active in South Africa. Therefore we urge our passengers to take all necessary precautions when travelling during this time.
Your safety and health are important to us which is why we have implemented strict measures to ensure your journey with us is as safe as possible, after all, safety and service excellence is the Greyhound and Citiliner way!
Please help us keep you safe by following our protocols when using our services.
GREYHOUND AND CITILINER COVID-19 SAFETY PRECAUTIONS AND REGULATIONS
Greyhound and Citiliner have always implemented a strict deep cleaning process on our busses, however, with COVID-19 we are now taking it one step further. Our buses undergo a strict sanitation process at our depot before departing on their journey.
Passenger Safety protocols
Please help us keep you safe by following Greyhound Covid-19 safety precautions:
- All passengers required to wear masks both in our terminals and for the entire duration of your journey – no exceptions- it’s the law!
- Maintain 1.5m social distance in queues for purchasing tickets and boarding buses
- We are operating at the capacity as outlined by the government. Do not sit in seats marked off with an X in the bus. These are marked off to aid social distancing onboard our coaches.
- You are required to bring your sanitiser on board and will need to sanitise your hands before boarding.
- Your temperature will be taken before boarding and if your temperature is over 37,5 degrees you will not be allowed to board the bus.
- Help keep our bathrooms onboard clean by following the same toilet etiquette you would use at home. Please clean up after yourselves to make your journey as well as your fellow passengers’ journeys a pleasant one.
Cross Border travel during COVID-19 (currently not permitted under new restrictions)
Greyhound has opened cross border travel to Maputo in Mozambique. Services will run on select days only and are subject to the travel regulations as outlined.
Cross border passengers are required to have the following in order to board:
- Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) test not older than 72 hours from departure times
- Completed Travellers Health questionnaire downloadable https://www.greyhound.co.za/maputo-service/
- Face masks
- You will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms before boarding as well as upon arrival.
- Proof of address travelling to in case you present with symptoms and test positive
GET THOSE SANITISED HANDS ON SOME BUS TICKETS!
Now that you are aware of Greyhound Covid-19 safety precautions and regulations in place to keep you safe on board when travelling by bus during COVID-19, it is time to get your hands on some tickets.
- The easiest way to book your tickets is online via our website! Simply go to www.greyhound.co.za or www.citiliner.co.za scroll to book your bus tickets and follow the screen prompts
- Book via our Call Centre. Our Call Centre is open 24 hours a day. Our consultants are ready and waiting to take your call! Call 011 611 8000 or 0873520352
- Our terminals are open to assist you with your bookings, please remember to wear your masks and maintain social distancing in the terminals. No mask, no entry, no exceptions.
- Book at one of our trusted ticket partners near you! Computicket, Checkers, Pick n Pay, Shoprite, Game, Makro, Builders.
Reconnect and reunite with your loved ones this festive season and do so responsibly. So, when choosing to travel, choose to travel safely and choose Greyhound and Citiliner.
For more information about the COVID-19 pandemic visit: https://sacoronavirus.co.za/